Aloha, you beautiful strummers of Cool Hand Ukes.
Thank you all for another brilliant evening at The Dorset on 15th June. We welcomed our new friend, Janine, and hope to see Janine again when we next meet on 29th June. We gave Andy a well deserved round of applause for his charity bike trek. Andy and his son raised an amazing £1800 for Albion in the Community. Well done fellas. We also welcomed Sam back, after she and the bones in her leg fell out again.
We played our Rye songs, and dipped into the Rye Big Busk Book. I have now finished the Rye performance book (see link below), which is the 4-6 songs we shall be performing on 3rd July. Please print this book and bring it with you next time we meet.
We spoke about busking, and the consensus was to busk in Lewes on a Saturday in August, so please put the following dates and times into your diaries for forthcoming performances :
- 3rd July 2016 – Rye Ukulele Festival (see http://ryeukuleleexperiment.co.uk/rye-ukulele-festival-2016-2/ for more details). We are playing a 15 minute set at 3:30pm.
- 14th July 2016 – Uckfield Festival. Be at the Civic Centre at 6:45 for a 7:30 start. We are playing a 45 minute indoor set. See http://uckfieldfestival.co.uk/festival-programme/ for more details
- 13th August 2016 – Busking in Lewes.
- 21st August 2016 – Pevensey Ukulele Group festival at The Smugglers in Pevensey. See Pevensey Ukulele Group Facebook page for more details.
- 28th September 2016 – playing at the Shaftesbury Court home in Uckfield (times to be confirmed, but will be an evening gig). Thanks to Jon for sorting this out….we played there earlier this year.
I am going to soon start putting a Book 6 together as we have a lot of great songs to pull together.
Thanks again to you all, you brilliantly bonkers bunch.
Love and peace